Start a New Sexual Revolution



Too tired? Too busy? Too pissed off? Tell me what's shutting down your desire and I'll help you find solutions for kicking it up a notch.

Monday, January 19, 2009

The Great Sneeze

I'm back! The book is being submitted to the publisher this week, so now I have a little breathing room for posting on a regular basis. I've received a few questions on orgasms, so that will be my theme for this week.


I'll start with the most basic question: What does an orgasm feel like, and how do I know if I've had one? You can probably guess this question didn't come from a man. Women's sexuality is complex, and these questions aren't surprising given how little permission women have been given to explore their sexual responses.


When I was teaching a lot of sex education classes, I was frequently asked what an orgasm felt like. My usual response was that it's a lot like a sneeze - not the kind that sneaks up on you out of the blue, but the kind that starts with a tickle in the nose. The tickle is followed by a building of pressure and anticipation, and when the sneeze finally 'comes', there's a great feeling of release. An orgasm is a series of contractions that follows a build-up of sexual tension and arousal. Not all orgasms are equally intense, but they're extremely pleasurable and leave you feeling satisfied and relaxed. Once you've experienced one, you'll have no trouble recognizing one in the future.

Now you may never experience sneezing in the same way again!

No comments: