Start a New Sexual Revolution



Too tired? Too busy? Too pissed off? Tell me what's shutting down your desire and I'll help you find solutions for kicking it up a notch.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Beaten Down

We often assume that a man with low desire has a physical problem or is suffering the side effects of some medication. But low sex drive in men often has little to do with biology or pharmaceuticals. Many men are just plain pissed off at their partners.

I frequently hear men complain about the criticism they get at home. I usually hear some variation of "It seems like I can't do anything right" or "I don't think I could ever do enough to make her happy". Now their partners probably feel very justified in raising hell with them, but that doesn't change the fact that men end up feeling beaten up and beaten down. They often feel unappreciated for what they do contribute. Distance and resentment begin to creep into the relationship.

I'm not suggesting that women should stay silent when they have a need that is going unmet. What I am suggesting is that women recognize the negative impact of criticism on their partners. Turning complaints into requests and acknowledging a partner's efforts are techniques that work. Remember, a man who's beaten down just might have trouble getting it up!

No comments: