Start a New Sexual Revolution



Too tired? Too busy? Too pissed off? Tell me what's shutting down your desire and I'll help you find solutions for kicking it up a notch.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Enchanted

OK, I know "Enchanted" is just a movie, and a fairy tale to boot, but when is Disney going to start featuring real mens' and womens' bodies in their animation? I hadn't been to an animated movie in quite a while, and I guess I thought maybe things would have changed a little since the early days of Cinderella and her Prince. The bodies of real live actors put enough pressure on us, but these animated males are mostly shoulders and the females have breasts but virtually no waists at all!

These are the images that we were raised on, our children were raised on, and now apparently our grandchildren are being raised on. These body types get seared in our brain. Is it any surprise that so few people are happy with their bodies? Body acceptance is critical to a healthy sex life. It's unfortunate that the visual media continues to perpetuate unrealistic body images that make that task more difficult.

No comments: