Start a New Sexual Revolution



Too tired? Too busy? Too pissed off? Tell me what's shutting down your desire and I'll help you find solutions for kicking it up a notch.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Family Involvement

To my daily readers, I apologize for my 3-day lapse in posting. I was swamped with houseguests and family festivities and honestly, my mind just wasn't on sex. It happens. Sometimes sex just needs to take a back seat. It's only a problem when it's permanently relegated to the back seat.

How much does family involvement interfere with your sex life? Most every couple experiences a big dip in sexual activity when children come along, but many couples don't find their way back to sex even when the children are grown and gone. There are aging parents, grandchildren, siblings, and extended family obligations.

I'm a big advocate of families, but there need to be boundaries around how much time and energy are invested in family relationships. It's difficult for your partner to feel number one in your life if they're frequently the recipient of your left over time and energy. Sex is between the two of you - don't let family get in between you instead.

No comments: