Start a New Sexual Revolution



Too tired? Too busy? Too pissed off? Tell me what's shutting down your desire and I'll help you find solutions for kicking it up a notch.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wanting

I recently saw a movie in which a simple line of dialogue struck a chord with me. The line was, "Wanting keeps us alive." It got me to thinking about how desire - for a new house, for a promotion, for love, for a book contract, for a vacation in the Bahamas - can energize and excite us. But the desired thing has to feel attainable, and the desire has to be strong enough to push us into action.

When desire is little more than a wish - like 'I wish I'd win the lottery' - it rarely translates into motivated and sustained effort. If we truly want something, we begin identifying the steps to get it.

Improvement in your sex life will be little to non-existent if your want isn't big enough. If your motivation is waning, it might help to revisit the rewards you anticipate in achieving your goal. Greater closeness in your relationship, more energy, increased vitality, etc. Remember that desire begins in the mind....

No comments: