Start a New Sexual Revolution



Too tired? Too busy? Too pissed off? Tell me what's shutting down your desire and I'll help you find solutions for kicking it up a notch.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool?

I can't imagine going through life without humor and laughter. Laughing easily and often is probably my most important tool for managing stress. However, I've never been a big fan of April Fool's Day. I think it's because tricks and pranks are performed at someone else's expense, and I usually don't find that kind of humor especially funny. Don't get me wrong - I've done my share of laughing at practical jokes. When the joke is good-natured and the recipient has a natural ability to laugh at him/herself, I'm often the one laughing the loudest. But being in the position of 'fool' is not always a laughing matter.

Think about how you use humor with your partner. Do you frequently get an angry response to your joking comments? Do you find yourself saying "I was only kidding!" on a regular basis? Do you tell funny stories about your partner at parties that feel anything but funny to your partner? If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, you're damaging the intimacy in your relationship. In order for sex and intimacy to thrive, there has to be emotional safety. The risk of hurting your partner is never worth an easy laugh. Laughing at your partner is the surest way to be an April 'fool'.

No comments: