Start a New Sexual Revolution



Too tired? Too busy? Too pissed off? Tell me what's shutting down your desire and I'll help you find solutions for kicking it up a notch.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sexual Regrets

I'm recuperating from surgery and feeling just a little foggy from the pain meds. At least that's my excuse if I don't make sense over the next couple of days.

Recently I was thinking about regrets. Maybe that's just because I was getting ready to go under the knife, but I was thinking specifically about sexual regrets. Not the one-night-stand-with-a-virtual-stranger kind of regrets, but the times when my behavior may have been hurtful to the sexual relationship with my partner.

I've talked before about the sexual wounding that occurs in relationships. If you've been hurt, your partner's transgressions are undoubtedly very clear to you. But have you taken the time to think about how your 0wn behavior may have caused pain to your partner?

The purpose for recognizing the ways that you may taint the sexual relationship is to commit to doing it differently in the future. Beating yourself up will not help you change but being more conscious CAN help you change. Taking time to reflect and root out potentially hurtful behavior is part of keeping a sexual relationship strong.

No comments: