Start a New Sexual Revolution



Too tired? Too busy? Too pissed off? Tell me what's shutting down your desire and I'll help you find solutions for kicking it up a notch.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Thought that Counts

Some years ago, a friend and I went to the state fair and spent considerable time browsing among the art and photography exhibits. I pointed out a piece of art that I especially liked that incorporated one of my favorite quotes. On my birthday a few weeks later, my friend surprised me with a replica of the artwork. I was touched not just by the special gift but by the effort that went into obtaining it. It still in the top ten of my favorite gifts ever.

Whether it's front-row tickets to a pro football game or a spa afternoon for a beleaguered new mother, gifts that delight take thought. Not necessarily a lot of money. It could be a pile of clutter finally cleared off the dining room table or a collage of phrases that describe your lover cut out from magazines and glued to a card. It could even be a certificate good for 20 after-dinner walks if that's something your partner has been bugging you to do.

What do thoughtful gifts have to do with your sex life? In giving and receiving gifts that reflect knowledge of your partner, you create more intimacy. Intimacy isn't guaranteed to boost your sex drive, but it certainly puts you in range.

No comments: